Orthodontics is the branch of dentistry that caters to issues related to the positioning and alignment of the teeth and jaw. At the office of Glenwood Dental Care, we offer contemporary orthodontic treatments that will help to give you a healthy and properly aligned smile. We offer several varieties of fixed and removable orthodontic appliances that help to correctly align your teeth and bite.
You may need orthodontic treatment if you suffer from any of the following problems:
- Teeth Crowding
- Gapped Teeth
- Misplaced Midline
- Overbite, Underbite, Crossbite or Open Bite
We offer the following orthodontic treatments at our office:
- Traditional Metal Braces: Traditional braces make use of metal wires and brackets to shift the teeth into their right position and fix bite issues.
- Ceramic Braces: Ceramic braces make use of tooth-colored wires and brackets that blend into the teeth and are less noticeable than metal braces.
- Clear Aligners: Clear aligners are a revolutionary technology in orthodontics which help you straighten your teeth in a virtually invisible way and without the use of metal wires and brackets. Our practice offers clear aligners from Invisalign as well as ClearCorrect.
- Six Month Smiles: Six-month smiles are a quick form of treatment that moves your teeth safely and quickly using clear braces which apply low-force to shift the teeth.
- FastBraces: These braces decrease the time span of orthodontic treatment by moving the crown and root of the teeth at the same time. They are more comfortable than traditional braces and the treatment time is only about three months. FastBraces can be used by adults and teen.
- Retainers: Retention is a critical phase of post-orthodontic care. A retainer is an appliance worn after your braces are removed in to prevent your newly positioned teeth from shifting back.
For more information about orthodontic treatments and to learn the best option for your needs, call us at 630-296-5966 to schedule a consultation.