Glenwood Dental Care welcomes you for a routine dental checkup and cleaning. We recommend that these visits be undertaken by everyone at least twice a year. Regular professional checkups at our office will help you keep many dental problems at bay while maintaining a healthy smile.
A checkup and cleaning appointment at Glenwood Dental Care practice generally involves the following:
- Examination. We will perform a comprehensive evaluation of your mouth, gums and your teeth to look for any signs of a problem or changes. We will also check the pockets between your gums and teeth to ensure that you don’t have cavities or early signs of gum disease. If any problem is detected, we will suggest the appropriate course of treatment accordingly.
- Professional Dental Cleaning: A dental cleaning is a vital part of your routine dental visit. It is performed by our dental hygienists and involves a thorough cleaning of your teeth using special dental instruments to remove hidden plaque and tartar. The teeth are then polished to remove any remaining plaque and stains.
- Oral Cancer Screening: We include oral cancer screenings as a part of our dental checkups to help rule out the possibility of this life-threatening disease and to offer immediate treatment in case any issues are found.
- Digital X-Rays. X-Rays are used to detect any underlying problems with your teeth and mouth that may not be seen with the naked eye. We use the most advanced dental technology in the form of digital X-Rays to give our patients the most convenient and safest options for treatment. The advanced imaging options offered by digital X-Rays allow us to get clearer pictures in less time, and they emit much less radiation than traditional X-Rays.
- Fluoride Applications (if needed): We offer professional fluoride application treatments in vanish, gel and foam form to help protect your teeth against decay and strengthen the enamel.
To schedule your dental checkup, call our friendly and knowledgeable team at 630-296-5966.